Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
The following prerequisites for admission must have been achieved by candidates prior to admission to a master’s-level program.
How do I Apply?
- Graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE-accredited baccalaureate nursing program with a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of a basic statistics course and an undergraduate nursing research course.
- Satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score if native language is not English.
- Proof of current licensure as a registered nurse
- $75 Application Fee
- Undergraduate Course in Nursing Research
Applicants should visit this page
to learn more about the application process.
Please mail all required supporting materials to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Seton Hall University
400 South Orange Avenue
NJ 07079 Application Deadlines
The MSN program admits students in the fall, spring and summer semesters. The application deadline is April 15 for fall semester and November 1 for spring semester.When will you make a decision on my application?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all the required documentation is received. Please contact Nursing directly to check the status of your application: Nursing@shu.edu. Additional Required Documents
- Personal Statement (submit electronically with application)
- Two letters of recommendation – 1 academic, 1 professional, both must be at least Master’s-prepared in Nursing and be able evaluate your professional nursing experience, academic competence and potential to undertake a Master’s degree.
- Official transcripts covering all post-secondary academic course work completed to date