Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites - New Students Accepted Only in Fall Semester
Application Deadline June 15
- Earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on all college/ university courses completed prior
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges and schools attended. Transcripts
from institutions not accredited in the United States or Canada must also be evaluated,
course-by-course, by an organization that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- A personal statement explaining how a program of master’s-level study will help you
achieve your personal and professional objectives.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably one academic and one professional).
- Satisfactory internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language scores, taken within
the past five years, for applicants whose native language is not English. Applicants with
a degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university are exempt. Scores should meet the
• iBT score of at least 84
• Speaking section score of at least 26
- $75 Application Fee.
- Selected candidates will be invited for personal interview.
There is no expiration on prerequisite coursework.
Applicants must complete, at any accredited college or university, with a grade of “C”
or better, before beginning the program (but applicants may apply before completing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II 8 Credits
- Microbiology 4 Credits
- Chemistry (including organic or biochemistry content) 4 Credits
- Developmental Psychology (entire lifespan) 3 Credits
- Statistics 3 Credits
- Ethics (Healthcare Ethics preferred) 3 Credits
- Economics (Micro or Macro) 3 Credits
How do I Apply?
Applicants should visit the graduate application to submit an electronic application.
Please mail all required supporting material to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Seton Hall University
400 South Orange Avenue
Orange, NJ 07079
The C.N.L. program only admits new students in the fall. The application deadline is June 15.
When will you make a decision on my application?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all the required documentation is received.
Questions or Comments?
Contact Nursing@shu.edu or call 973-761-9583 (email is preferred).