The College of Communication and the Arts at Seton Hall offers a minor in Music Performance.
I. Basic Requirements
- MUTH 1112-4111-Music Theory I-IV
- MUHI 1201-1202-History of Western Musical Styles I or II
- II.Music Performance
A.Instrument/Voice (Select 8 credits)
- MUAP 1011-1012-Beginning Piano I-II
- MUAP 1131-Beginning Voice
- MUAP 1291-1294-Beginning Instruments
- MUAP 2211-2219-Private Piano Instruction or
- MUAP 2231-2239-Private Voice Instruction or
- MUAP 3291-3299-Private Brass Instruction or
- MUAP 3391-3399-Private Woodwinds Instruction or
- MUAP 3491-3499-Private Strings Instruction or
- MUAP 3591-3599-Private Percussion Instruction or
- MUAP 3691-3699-Private Organ Instruction or
B.Ensemble (Select 4 credits)
- MUAP 1141-1148-Band or
- MUAP 1151-1158-Chorus or
- MUAP 1161-1168-Vocal Chamber Ensemble or
- MUAP 1183-1190-Instrumental Chamber Ensemble
The faculty in our internationally recognized research and teaching programs are committed to guiding students to success. Seton Hall is a Catholic University where great thinkers do more than think. They teach.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs;notable alumni;state-of-the-art facilities;renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.