The College of Communication and the Arts offers a minor in Theatre.
I. Required Courses - 6 Credits:
- COTH 2621 OR COTH 2631-Introduction to the Theatre OR Theatre History
- COTH 2626 OR COTH 3621-Acting I OR Directing
II.Electives - 12 Credits, 4 from the following (6 credits of which must be COTH):
- COTH 1620, 1621, 1622-Performance Labs
- COTH 1720-Basic Stage Craft
- COTH 2610-American Stage
- COTH 2621-Introduction to the Theatre
- COTH 2626-Acting I
- COTH 2631-Theatre History
- COTH 3621-Directing
- COTH 3622-Playwriting
- COTH 3623-Lighting for TV and Film
- COTH 3624-Children's Theatre
- COTH 3625-Scene Design
- COTH 3626-Acting II
- COTH 2627-Theatre in London
- COTH 3628/ CORE 3101-The Religious Experience on Stage
- COTH-Theatre Internship
- ENGL 3013-Introduction to the Drama
- ENGL 3417-The Drama in Great Britain
- ENGL 3421-Modern American Drama
- MUSC 1134-Music of Broadway
- MUTH 2141-SP Fundamentals of Music
- Applied Music:
- MUAP 1011 - 1012-Beginning Piano I - II
- MUAP 1131-Beginning Voice
- MUAP 1172-Opera/Musical Theatre Workshop
- MUAP 2231-2239-Private Voice Lessons
- University Chorus- MUAP 1161 - 1168-Vocal Chamber Ensemble
The faculty in our internationally recognized research and teaching programs are committed to guiding students to success. Seton Hall is a Catholic University where great thinkers do more than think. They teach.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs;notable alumni;state-of-the-art facilities;renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.