November 1 for Spring
April 1 for Summer/Fall
The following are prerequisite for admission to the program leading to the Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences:
- Graduate of an accredited, entry-level healthcare professional program, with a minimum of a master's degree. For those interested in the movement science or speech-language pathology specializations, proof of eligibility for licensure to practice in New Jersey is also required.
- Two letters of recommendation indicating that the applicant possesses the aptitude and ambition to complete a course of graduate study. Preferably, letters should be from current or previous employers and/or from last school attended.
- Statement of goals and research career interests.
- Personal interview.
- Completion of an application for admission along with official transcripts from all undergraduate or graduate study.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all graduate work.
- Curriculum vitae.
- If English is not the native language, a student must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score Report documenting a paper-based score of 550 or above, a computer-based score of 213 or above, or an internet-based score of 79 or above.
- GREs preferred
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)