Seton Hall University's MHA program provides a high-quality educational experience that prepares individuals for managerial challenges facing the healthcare industry today.
For important facts about the cost of the MHA degree, the number of students who have applied and been admitted to our program, graduation rates and placement rates, click
MHA Program Highlights:
- Our MHA courses highlight today's most important healthcare topics and current issues
- Our professors collaborate with seasoned healthcare practitioners to add real-world experiences into the curriculum
- Our classes are small, with no more than 15-20 students in each
- The Seton Hall University campus is located within New Jersey's pharmaceutical and biotechnology corridor and within driving distance of many major medical centers
- Our graduates go on to become leaders in diverse healthcare positions
Feature Video: Alumna Ruqayyah Khan '11, MHA '13, talks about her invaluable experiences in the Master of Healthcare Administration program.
The MHA program's objective is to prepare managers for leadership roles in
the healthcare industry by providing an intensive, high-quality, graduate-level
educational experience. This is achieved by focusing on six key areas:
- Understanding the Healthcare Environment
- Managing Change
- Financial Competencies
- Decision Making
- Strategic Leadership
A full-time student should be able to complete the 42-credit degree program in two years by taking courses in the fall, spring and summer. Generally, a part-time student can complete the program in three years. Review the current curriculum »
Many of our students work full-time and have families and other commitments outside of school. On average, students complete 6 credit hours or two courses each term. Course calendars are available in advance to allow students to plan their schedules around courses they need. Our experienced faculty understand the demands on adult students, and work with them individually to meet the requirements of the curriculum.
Graduate Certificate Program:
Individuals who are interested in a Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration may pursue this option through the on-campus certificate program. The certificate program consists of a minimum of 15 credits. An online
certificate program is also available.
The Seton Hall University MHA program is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network.