How Do I Apply?
- For more information about the application process, click here
- To request a printed program application, please e-mail email@example.com and refer to the M.A., School Counseling Program.
Deadlines for program admission are May 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. When Will You Make a Decision on My Application?
About a month before the admissions deadline for each semester, we will begin to invite qualified applicants to campus for an interview with program faculty. Following their interview, applicants should receive a decision within two weeks. Additional Required Documents
- Past academic history (official transcripts) of all graduate and undergraduate work.
Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Records Exam (taken within the last 5 years). Psychology subtest not required.
- Three letters of recommendation, one should be from a person who can attest to the candidate's ability to interact with others, fit with the counseling profession, and capacity for graduate study (e.g., prior clinical supervisor).
- Personal statement, which includes a description of prior related work experience, qualifications, goals for self in the program, and professional goals.
- A resume
- A personal interview
- $75 application fee
- Candidates for admission must have earned either their undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Prior study in psychology is not required.
- Applications are reviewed based on the entire application package; there are no fixed requirements for previous grades or test scores.