Educational Studies Programs
- M.A., Education - Educational Partners in Catholic Schools (EPICS) Program seeks to develop a corps of highly motivated and committed young educators to meet the needs of the country's most under-served elementary and secondary schools. EPICS recruits talented college graduates interested in teaching not just as a career, but as a vocation.
- M.A., Education - Instructional Design and Technology (IDAT) Program is an online program that explores a wide range of emerging
technologies, gaining technical competencies, and applying technology-enhanced
experiences in their field of study. Students learn to sustain technology innovations and
manage the change process in one of the areas of specialization which include:
- Autism Studies
- School Library Media Specialist State Certification
- Supervisor's Certification
- Transition Studies
- M.A., Special Education with a concentration in Instructional Design and Technology assists teachers to improve their professional performance as educators, instructional and curriculum designers, and to assume instructional leadership roles while assisting professionals who teach students with special needs.
Educational Studies Certificates
- Certificate in Information Technologies. Students who have earned their undergraduate degree, discover the basic concepts behind a whole range of information technologies and their powerful impact, while gaining technical proficiency in computing skills.
- Certificate in Autism Studies (Graduate). This SHU certificate will provide you with the tools, strategies, concepts, and assessments that are necessary in dealing with the special needs of students with autism.
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement (for candidates who already possess a Standard NJ Instructional Certificate). This endorsement adheres to the New Jersey state law that requires the development of recommendations on awareness of and instructional methods for teaching children with special needs, autism, and other developmental disabilities.
- Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (Graduate). This certificate is one of
several graduate programs in teaching, professional development, technology,
educational media, and leadership committed to lifelong learning and alternative
paths to careers in education.
- Special Education Transition Certificate (Graduate). The Special Education Transition Certificate will provide the knowledge, skills, and competencies required of secondary special educators and guidance counselors to assist youth and young adults as they transition to postsecondary opportunities.
Educational Leadership Programs
- M.A. and Ed.S., Education Leadership, Management and Policy with a Principal/Supervisor Concentration. A traditional graduate program of study blending both on-campus and online experiences, which can lead to provisional New Jersey supervisory and/or principal certification.
- M.A./Ed.S., Catholic School Educational Leadership, Management and Policy. Offers Catholic school educators and administrators a unique academic program that concentrates on the mission of Catholic school leadership and the formation of Catholic educators.
- Online M.A., Educational Leadership, Management and Policy. A flexible, two-year, online cohort program consisting of thirteen 3-credit courses in education administration and supervision.
- Executive M.A. and Ed.S., Educational Leadership, Management and Policy. A blended weekend and online program, ideal for working professionals, provides a fast-track to a graduate degree and rewarding career opportunities in education leadership.
- Ed.D., K-12 School Administration. Designed to provide administrative and supervisory skills for prospective and practicing K-12 administrators.
- Executive Ed.D., K-12 School Administration. Accelerated, campus-based cohort doctoral degree exclusively for certified and practicing K-12 school administrators.
- M.A., Higher Education and Student Affairs with a concentration in College Student Personnel Affairs. Prepares practitioners for positions in student affairs administration at the post-secondary level.
- Ed.D., Higher Educational Leadership, Management and Policy. Designed to equip practitioners with the theoretical and research-based administrative and supervisory skills for prospective and practicing administrators in higher education and state department of education settings.
- Ph.D., Higher Educational Leadership, Management, and Policy. Focuses on the interrelated societal and organizational dimensions of higher education, in preparation for senior administrative, policy development and management posts in colleges and universities, foundations, and government agencies, and for careers in teaching and research.
- M.A., Police Graduate Studies (Off-Campus) Program emphasized the development of leadership, management and policy skills, for qualified law enforcement officer, criminal justice professionals, government employees and members of the armed forces.
- M.A., Police Graduate Studies (Online). Program emphasizes the development of leadership, management and policy skills, for qualified law enforcement officers, criminal justice professionals, government employees and members of the armed forces.
- Ph.D., Education Research, Assessment, and Program Evaluation. Prepares graduates to conduct research and provide leadership, nationally and internationally, in the area of research.
Educational Leadership Certificate
Professional Psychology and Family Therapy Programs
- M.A., Psychological Studies. A program grounded in basic theory and methods of psychology. Students have a choice of concentrations: Infant Mental Health; Marriage and Family Therapy; School Psychology; or Sports Exercise Psychology
- M.A., School and Community Psychology. This program, which features an Ed.S. track, trains students to become “full-service” school psychologists, able to address the psycho-educational and socio-emotional needs of school-age children and adolescents.
- M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy. Provides students with the coursework and supervised clinical training experiences to work toward earning a license-eligible degree in marriage and family therapy.
- M.A., Counseling/Ed.S. Professional Counseling. Prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective professional counselors who are able to meet the needs of a diverse society.
- M.A., Counseling (Online). A 48-credit graduate program for students seeking a career as a professional mental health counselor. Students may also choose to continue on in their studies by pursuing a 60-credit online Ed.S. in mental health counseling.
- M.A., School Counseling. Prepares school counselors to maximize the potential of all students through comprehensive developmental school counseling programs in diverse K-12 settings.
- M.A., School Counseling (Online). Prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective counselors for work in
ethnically, geographically and socially diverse K-12 educational settings.
- Ed.S., Marriage and Family Therapy. A post-master's program for students with a relevant graduate degree, wishing to specialize in marriage and family therapy.
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology. Prepares counseling psychologists in the scientist-practitioner model to assume roles as responsible, competent members of the professional psychological community.
- Ph.D., Family Psychology. Engages students in the advanced study of family psychology and family therapy
Professional Psychology and Family Therapy Certificates
- Post-M.A., School Counseling Certificate. Designed to meet the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education for certification as a school counselor, this program prepares competent, socially conscious and reflective professional counselors for work in diverse K-12 educational settings.
- Sports and Exercise Psychology Certificate. Develops students’ knowledge in the core biopsychosocial areas of sport and exercise psychology. The program provides a foundation for working with athletes and athletic teams, in wellness programs, and in other health promotion areas.
- Professional Diploma in Marriage and Family Therapy. Designed for professionals who have a license-eligible degree to become a marriage and family therapist, but who have not yet completed all the requisite courses for licensing or who wish to obtain specialized training to work with children, families and couples.