The Alternate Route Admission program is extremely competitive and provides for a waiver of the GMAT exam requirement for senior managers with at least five years or more of strong full-time managerial work experience, supervising employees.
An applicant wishing to be considered for the M.B.A. Alternate Route Admission program must:
- Complete the online application and select Alternate Route Program.
- Submit the following documents with your application:
- Non-refundable $75 application fee.
- A current professional resume which includes an in-depth description of your current position and information on one or more of the following:
- The number of direct subordinates you supervise
- The number of clients you manage
- The size of the budget you manage
- The size of the respective revenue center for which you are responsible
- Provide one recommendation letter from your direct supervisor that recognizes
your contributions to the department as well as the overall organization and recommends you for the M.B.A. program.
- Provide two recommendation letters (professional and/or academic recommendations).
- Submit a personal essay (two double-spaced pages) that responds to the following two items:
- Identify your leadership style and describe a recent situation at work that demonstrates this style
- Describe a recent work experience that supports the thesis “I am an effective team member”
- Submit all official transcripts from each university attended (including all transfer credits) during both undergraduate and graduate study (Seton Hall included) directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Any international coursework will require an official transcript evaluation to be completed by one of the following agencies:
- You are also required to interview before the Faculty Admissions Committee, where you will engage in a 30-minute question and answer session. You should be prepared to provide detailed information regarding your work experience.
If you are not eligible for Alternate Route Admissions but possess a terminal degree, M.S. in a business discipline, an M.B.A. from an AACSB accredited school, or have successfully completed all four parts of the CPA exam, you may be eligible for a GMAT waiver.
For more information on the application process, click here »
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions
at 973-761-9262 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.