The Stillman School of Business has an Alternate Route Admissions policy, which waives the GMAT exam requirement for those Senior Managers who have at least 10 years of full-time managerial work experience, supervising employees. This experience can be in either a for-profit or not-for-profit environment or some combination of both.
If you are not eligible but possess a J.D., M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A. or have the M.S. in a business field, you should be eligible for a GMAT waiver, and can formally request a GMAT waiver on a separate piece of paper with your application.
Alternate Admission Application Process
Completed applications should include the following:
- For more information about the application process, click here
- A current resume which includes an in-depth description of his/her current position and one or more of the following:
- The number of direct subordinates he/she supervises
- The number of clients he/she manages
- The size of the budget he/she manages
- The size of the respective revenue center for which he/she is responsible
- One recommendation form from his/her direct supervisor that recognizes his/her contributions to the department as well as overall organization and recommends him/her for the M.B.A. program.
- Provide two recommendation forms (professional and/or academic recommendations).
- A personal essay that responds to the following two items:
- Identify your leadership style and describe a recent situation at work that demonstrates this style
- Describe a recent work experience that supports the thesis “I am an effective team member”
Essay should be no more that 4 double-spaced pages
- Submit official transcripts from each university attended (including all transfer credits) during both undergraduate and graduate study (Seton Hall included) directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Any international coursework will require a W.E.S. evaluation to be completed. See www.wes.org.
- An application fee of $75 is required from all new applicants.
The applicant must also appear before an Admissions Panel where he/she will engage in a 15 minute question and answer period during which the applicant will present his/her portfolio for admission to the M.B.A. program.
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 973-761-9262 or email@example.com if you have additional questions.