The B.S.E. in Secondary Education prepares highly competent, socially conscious, reflective candidates who can address the needs of diverse learners in grades 5-12. In content rich, research-based, and technology-infused courses, secondary education candidates engage in collaborative learning as they learn to translate theory to practice.
The B.S.E. in Secondary Education is a four-year undergraduate program with a minimum of 120 credits required for graduation. Candidates earn at minimum one instructional certificate, additional opportunities exist, and participate in extensive clinical experiences from sophomore to senior year."
Admission requirements include:
- An SAT score of 1180 or an ACT score of 23, or a passing score on the Praxis Core Academic Battery
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Program requirements include:
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in order to participate in education courses and fieldwork
- Earning a C or higher in all education courses
- Attending biannual student convocations
- Passing the Praxis II exam in the instructional area of study prior to beginning senior clinical practice
- For those graduating in 2017 and beyond, a passing score on the state mandated performance assessment, edTPA
The program is aligned with the following professional standards:
The faculty in the College of Education and Human Services are expert researchers and practitioners in teacher and leader preparation as well as professional psychology and family therapy. Many are actively engaged with schools and community agencies, modeling best practices to their students in the university classroom and in the field. Collaboration within departments and across is encouraged with the recognition that supporting and improving the lives of children, families and communities is a complex process.
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs; notable alumni; state-of-the-art facilities; renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.