The online Master of Arts in Corporate and Professional Communication
(MACPC) Program offers students academically challenging courses that
provide insight and practical strategies to help our students succeed in
the rapidly changing corporate and organizational world. The program
uniquely develops the critical skills of communication and leadership in
ways that can be immediately applied in practice. The MACPC program,
from the beginning, has been operating on a “learn it, apply it”
philosophy. What our students learn in class can be applied at work the
next day. Our students are challenged to think creatively, apply
state-of-the-art technology and sharpen their leadership and
communication skills in a dynamic, online environment.
In our teaching, we affirm and strive to instill in our students:
- The desire and skills to communicate ethically and with purpose.
- To be culturally aware, curious, open and sensitive.
- To communicate in a socially responsible manner.
- To be an engaged and productive team member or leader.
- To communicate openly, ethically and with passion
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Mastery of both theoretical and empirical knowledge in the field of corporate and professsional communication.
- Understand and effectively apply communications concepts to organizational challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through the
spoken and written word in the three main leadership modalities – one to
one, one to many and in various “e” forms.
- Understand the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of leaders as communicators.
- To effectively communicate across cultures displaying both savviness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate intellectual and professional creativity through
various assignments and projects on a variety of communications