The Master of Arts in Strategic Communication Program (MASC) is
designed to provide highly motivated communication professionals with
the opportunity to strengthen and enhance their communication, critical
thinking and teaming skills through a “learn it and apply it”
philosophy. Our program uniquely develops critical communication skills
in ways that can be immediately applied in practice in a rapidly
changing and diverse organizational world. Our program prepares our
students to cultivate relationships with an increasingly global set of
audiences and stakeholders. Our curriculum challenges our students to
think creatively and to communicate with responsibility, passion and
In our teaching, we affirm and strive to instill in our students:
- The desire and skills to communicate ethically and with purpose.
- To be culturally aware, curious, open and sensitive.
- To communicate in a socially responsible manner.
- To be an engaged and productive team member or leader.
- To communicate openly, ethically and with passion
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Mastery of both theoretical and empirical knowledge in the field of strategic communication.
- Understand and effectively apply strategic communications concepts to organizational challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through the
spoken and written word in the three main leadership modalities – one to
one, one to many and in various “e” forms.
- Understand the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of leaders as communicators.
- To effectively communicate across cultures displaying both savviness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate intellectual and professional creativity through
various assignments and projects on a variety of communications