The Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership
Program (MASCL) is designed to provide highly motivated mid-career
professionals with the opportunity to strengthen and enhance their
leadership, communication, and organizational development skills through
an innovative student-centered cohort model. Our curriculum challenges
our students to think creatively and to lead and communicate with
responsibility, passion and integrity. Our program uniquely develops
these critical skills of communication and leadership in ways that can
be immediately applied in practice, in a rapidly changing organizational
In our teaching, we affirm and strive to instill in our students:
- The desire and skills to lead ethically and with purpose.
- To be culturally aware, curious, open and sensitive.
- To lead in a socially responsible manner.
- To be an engaged servant leader.
- To lead with a blend of confidence and humility.
- To communicate openly, ethically and with passion
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Mastery of both theoretical and empirical knowledge in the field of leadership communication.
- Understand and effectively apply strategic communications and leadership concepts to organizational challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through the
spoken and written word in the three main leadership modalities – one to
one, one to many and in various “e” forms.
- Understand the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of leaders as communicators.
- Demonstrate competency and commitment to servant leadership.
- To effectively lead and communicate across cultures displaying both savviness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate intellectual and professional creativity through
various assignments and projects on a variety of communications and