Department of Biological Sciences Resources
- The Biology Project: Biochemistry - Molecular Visualization Activities/ Problem Sets and Tutotials
- Best Online Schools - Free and comprehensive resource of the best online science related
course offered at some of the most prestigious universities around the
world. We have compiled a directory where students can get courses in a
variety of different formats for specific activities. These include
audio and video lectures, online lecture notes and transcripts,
podcasts, and online textbooks.
- Get Body Smart – Free interactive online Anatomy and Physiology tutorials.
- Emergency Room - Check out the Simulators
- Cells Alive - Cells in Motion
- Microscopes - A Beautiful and Interesting Side of Science
- Harvard Knows Science - and it's Extensive
- HigherEd Jobs – Comprehensive job search engine.
- John's Hopkins Bio Informatics Server - Extensive list of connections to mainly Biology and Biochemistry Databases (protein info, genetic references, images, abstracts, and journal references)
- GeneCards (Human Genome Database) - a searchable, integrated, database of human genes that provides concise genomic related information, on all known and predicted human genes.
- Biology topics as supplied by Yahoo (Stanford) - Frequently updated list of major servers and institutions on the entire Internet.
- Histology and Virtual Microscopy Learning Resources – Educational resource
- Virtual Genetics Education Centre - The VGEC is an award-winning hub of evaluated genetics teaching resources for teachers and learners in schools and higher education, health professionals and the general public.
- Society on Neuroimmune Pharmacology
- Genetics Learning Center - Learn.Genetics delivers educational materials on genetics, bioscience and health topics. They are designed to be used by students, teachers and members of the public. The materials meet selected US education standards for science and health.
- USA Jobs.gov – Government employment database.
Department of Biological Sciences
The Science and Technology Center Rm. 218, 208