After graduating with a B.A.in Political Science, students will be able to:
- Recognize and discuss important texts, movements and contributors to the subfields of political science.
- Understand the major methodological approaches to the study
of political science and public policy and identify the use of these
approaches within the scholarly literature of political science.
- Use basic political science and public affairs terminology in their writing.
- Demonstrate skill in critical interpretation and close reading of texts related to political science and public affairs.
- Recognize references to debates, tensions and major
developments in political science and public affairs as they arise in
the scholarly literature and in discussion of political topics
generally, and use political science and public affairs training to
increase civic participation.
- Write an essay/paper on a political science-related topic
that presents a thesis and develops that thesis in a clear and
well-organized format and utilizes analysis, synthesis, extrapolation,
inferencing and decision making . Where possible and appropriate,
students will utilize technology in research and in presentation of that