Location Finding the Right Place to Learn
When choosing a college or university, it's important to consider the type of campus and area in which you want to attend school. Do you envision a campus set among tree-lined streets in a quaint town? Or are you a city person who likes to be at the center of all things cosmopolitan?
Seton Hall provides students with the best of both worlds. Nestled in the charming village of South Orange, New Jersey, our campus is only 14 miles from one of the world’s most exciting cities. So while you're close to the action, fun and excitement of New York City, you are not engulfed by it.
South Orange remains a suburban residential area. A 10-minute walk from campus brings you to the town center, which features bookstores, coffee shops and restaurants for all tastes — and all budgets. Once in town, it’s easy to hop on a train and arrive in the heart of midtown Manhattan in just 22 minutes. Known as the capital of finance, fashion, art and entertainment, the Big Apple offers the best of everything, including:
- World-renowned restaurants
- Happening night spots that feature new bands, up and coming comedians and other performers
- Unforgettable sightseeing – tour NYC by horse-drawn carriage, open-air bus, ferry boat or even helicopter!
- Tony Award-winning plays and musicals
- Unrivaled shopping – everything from 5th Avenue chic to Greenwich Village hip
When you don't feel like heading into New York, explore all the fun that New Jersey has to offer. Local attractions include:
- The New Jersey Performing Arts Center – showcasing world-class dance and theatre companies, orchestras and even rock stars like Sting and Elvis Costello.
- The Liberty Science Center – featuring northern New Jersey’s only IMAX Hi-Definition theater
- Six Flags Great Adventure – home to 13 roller coasters, water park and drive-through safari.
- Shopping, miles of beautiful beaches and so much more!
And when you want to get serious and think about your future, consider all the international companies and organizations based in the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area – many of which recruit direct from Seton Hall. In 2005, 91 percent of our graduates reported finding and accepting employment in the New York/New Jersey area. Seton Hall’s prime location puts you at the center of endless opportunities.